By now, you have undoubtedly heard of all about iCloud and people using it. It has been extremely common for people to have access to an iCloud account and use it to store their files and important memories. It is a completely safe method of file storage, much safer than keeping your important information stored locally on your desktop. If you are interested in getting an iCloud of your own to reap these benefits as well, read on to find out how:
One of the biggest reasons people choose to use iCloud is its safety. Many people want to have the peace of mind that their files are backed up somewhere untouchable, where they are completely out of harm’s way—and with good reason. After all, if your computer is to crash, it is likely that you will have no way of recovering those files and they will be lost forever. This is certainly unfortunate, and many people have experienced tragedy when their computers unexpectedly crashed, leaving them with none of the important data they had stored on there.
With iCloud, however, your files are stored safely and securely within the cloud, where they will be preserved until the time that you choose to delete them. So long as technology still exists to tap into it, your files will be safely stored and available for you to access—as well as safe from the prying eyes of others who you do not share your password with.
Another popular reason that people choose to use iCloud is for the unmatched convenience it offers. If you are out and about and do not have your computer on you, you can still access any files you have within the cloud with your phone, a friend’s computer, or any other technological device with an internet connection. With how commonplace such technology is today, all of your important information is always within arm’s reach. If you update files on another device, the most up-to-date version will be accessible from your computer when you get home again. For many, this is the selling point of iCloud that people cannot turn down.
Whatever it is about the benefits of iCloud that most appeal to you, it is easy to download and user-friendly, so you will definitely be able to figure it out with ease and start using it to its full potential right away. Get started now with iCloud to see how easy and convenient life can be!
How to Download iCloud
If you’ve decided to get started with iCloud, here’s a simple guide to get it downloaded and set up so you can begin using it right away:
- Your first step is to download iCloud for Windows.
- Once the program has been properly downloaded onto your computer, you should restart the device so the program will be able to work properly.
- Open iCloud for Windows. It may open automatically, but if it doesn’t, click Start, and then either Programs or Apps. Locate iCloud and then open it.
- Log into iCloud by using your Apple ID. If you don’t already have an Apple ID, you can make an account here.
- Now it’s time to set up your preferences. The iCloud window will display your options for different content and features you may want to keep up-to-date, such as email, contacts, photos, bookmarks, and the iCloud drive. Set this up according to your liking, keeping the storage space available on your iCloud account in mind.
- Once you’ve set up your preferences correctly, click Apply.
- Depending on what preferences you allowed, iCloud will set up folders titled “iCloud photos” and “iCloud Drive” across your computer. You can drag and drop files you would like to store into these appropriate folders to be able to access them from any of your devices.
Using iCloud to its Full Potential
Understanding iCloud’s capabilities is the most important thing when it comes to getting the most out of what the service has to offer. Being able to access your files from all of your devices and keep all of them updated to the most recent version is a level of convenience and quality that is unmatched by anything else. But that’s not all iCloud can do! You can also set it up to automatically backup your photos when you plug in your phone to your computer, and so much more.
If you find yourself wondering about iCloud and its capabilities, Apple has incredibly helpful support forums online. Keep in mind that you can always search those for more assistance to unlock iCloud to its greatest potential.